Saturday, August 10, 2013

Is This The First Day of the Rest of My Life?

3 days ago may have been the first day of the rest of my life.  I don't know for certain, but I do know this.

1. My husband is now out on short term medical leave due to his debilitating migraines.
2. Treatment for them may or may not be effective as we've already spent 6 months trying to fix this.
3. There is a significant possibility that he may not be able to return to his job if they cannot be controlled.


So....yeah.  Today we spoke with the VSO and our FRC trying to figure out where we go from here.  2 more C&Ps are going to be filed on Monday which will most likely increase his disability rating since one of them has never been reviewed and the other hasn't been reviewed in nearly 5 years and is not improving either.

I'm slowly coming to terms with what my life may look like in the next few months.  I think I'm okay with it but honestly right now I'm just overwhelmed and concerned with the long term affect this will have on his mental health.

No comments: