Sunday, April 28, 2013

Meal Planning = Let the Chaos Commence!

For the next 3 weeks I am going to be doing my VERY best to NOT have to grocery shop.  The good news is I keep a VERY full pantry and deep freezer at all times.  My reward for being a good girl is going to be getting to restock with a TON of new stuff after this is over and we'll get the opportunity to put our emergency food plan to the test - plus, it's really time to go through most of what's there and replenish so basically this is God saying, "get off your butt and clean out the pantry". :)

I am allowing myself to purchase the following:

Milk, Cheese, and yogurt
Fresh Veggies and Fruits (primarily through Bountiful Baskets)
Frozen Veggies (because I know I don't have enough!)
Sandwich bread and tortillas (all other bread products will be handmade!)
Juice (because I am not that ambitious)
Soda (because otherwise there will be mass rebellion)
Meat (if ABSOLUTELY needed - otherwise using up what's in the freezer)

That's it.  Everything else will be coming from my pantry. Here is the menu plan for the first week.  All of the products needed I already have on hand with the exception of what's needed for May 5, I'm out of tortilla shells and will purchase those on Saturday when I go in to pick up my basket from town. :)




This REALLY cool meal planning sheet was made by my fabulous friend Pam.  She gets 100% of the credit on that one. :)

No comments: